As a PDC client, you can expect customized, affordable services from experienced professionals with over a decade of experience working with participatory processes in the public sphere. We find that collaborating with our clients to address the specific needs of their organizations and communities results in the best outcomes. Our distinctive focus on patterns and processes of communication, rather than positions or personalities, has proven effective across a spectrum of issues and topics. Our approach encourages people, parties, and stakeholders to build relationships, and work together to address the serious challenges that confront us all.
PDC employs advanced communication techniques to support public leaders as they assess organizational and community readiness to co-design and deliver direct engagement processes, and to provide training for staff, officials and community members. Our work is customized, effective and affordable. Whether you are just getting started with engagement, or have extensive experience, we have innovative tools, methods and practical experience to take you to the next level.
PDC specializes in innovative communication tools specifically developed to effectively address the social and economic challenges we face today. We provide a full spectrum of public engagement services specifically tailored to meet your needs.
- Diagnostic Tools for assessing the most appropriate courses of action for public engagement in your community.
- Process Designs to develop short and long-term strategies to address immediate and emergent needs, focusing on engaging community members and staff in ongoing relationships and problem solving activities.
- Event Designs to develop meetings and forums that bring community members and staff together to constructively work on important public issues.
- Facilitation skills that enable community members and staff to speak candidly, listen openly and collaborate together to problem solve effectively.
- Conflict Management to help groups and individuals manage their differences on public issues in ways that create trust, build relationships and develop common solutions.
- Evaluation Tools to assess the effectiveness of public engagement processes and events, to generate recommendations, and to inform future processes and events.
- Training and Capacity Building for staff and citizens in communication and facilitation techniques for sustainable, ongoing public engagement practices.
- Client Consultations to learn more about public engagement and the services offered by the PDC. Our initial 1-hour phone consultation is FREE!